Friendship day celebrated in the first week of august every year. Is there any specific reason for it?? I got a message from a friend of mine after which I came to know the reason.
In 1935, American government had killed a person on 1st Saturday of August. The next day his friend died committing suicide. In his memory the American government had declared sunday of every August as friendship day. This is the 72nd year of this friendship day being celebrated..
Isn’t this a great relationship??
Check out this list of popular Friendship’s Day flowers.
- 13 Roses – Friends Forever
- Azalea – Take care of yourself for my sake
- Bell Flower (Small white) – Gratitude
- Camellia – I admire you / you are perfect in every way
- Campanula – Gratitude
- Carnation (Pink) – I’ll never forget you
- Chrysanthemum – You’re a great friend
- Daffodil – I send my regards / you are the only one for me
- Daffodil Narcissus – You are an angel
- Forget me not – Don’t forget me
- Geranium (Oak Leaved) – Our friendship is true
- Iris – Your Friendship means so much to me
- Ivy – Friendship
- Lily (Yellow) – Thank you for everything
- Periwinkle (Blue) – Beginning of friendship
- Rose (Pink) – For my friend
- Rose (Yellow) – Friendship
I was thinking of presenting you all a list of popular friendship movies that you can catch up with your friends. These are some of the best films on friends and are sure to entertain you to the hilt.
- An Intimate Friendship
- An Officer and a Gentleman
- Brokedown Palace
- Circle of Friends
- Dil Chahta Hai (Hindi)
- Dumb and Dumber
- E.T – Extra Terrestrial
- Ed, Edd and Eddy (Animated)
- Friend Green Tomatoes
- Jerry Maguire
- My Best Friend’s Wedding
- Now And Then
- Rain Man
- Shot Through the Heart
- The Road to El Dorado (Animated)
- The Shawshank Redemption
- Wizard of Oz
happy friendship day wishes!