A day at mayajaal and another at elliots beach gives us some breezy and wonderful memories with friends or loved ones. Thinking of really good places to eat and enjoy then go ahead and read this..
Some of the really hot and interesting places in chennai have always been the well known marina beach or the Elliots beach popularly known as besant nagar beach. Other than that Gen-Y prefer spending ample time at the shopping malls or at the multiplex theatres. Some of the really catchy places are the restaurants and beaches. People prefer spending their night time out partying. God only knows how safe it is!!
Well coming back to some really interesting places, I’ll give details regarding the restaurants wherein you can spend quality time and quality money.
Though I haven’t visited it i was told by my brother and other friends that its a place where you get full value for money even with a minimum of 20 bucks! Its open to outsiders and check out the address by clicking the link!
I’ve visited this place with my friend. Hey people out there you should surely visit this place. You’ll find the place simply too cool first of all because of the lighting and the ambience and surely lots to say about the food. Spending 500 for 2 would do. You can have a healthy meal with favourites added. There s a speciality ice cream which looks like a ball and it is supposed to be put into the mouth without making it into two halves. Its made up of coconut scrapes and is sugar coated with ice cream stuffed in. Yummy!!!
Its an all time favourite to many people out there. The traditionally served food is simply nice and eating in banana leaf is healthy also. The orders come in traditional vessels with a spoon. After finishing you are served with plankton. One of the best traditional hotel I have visited.
It was a quality restaurant before some years. It has lost its quality. A regular customer will find the difference.If you are visiting it for the first time its quite good. It has a lot of branches and the head office is the one at royapettah.
Some of the really good restaurants are:
- Saravana Bhavan
- Dhabba Express
- Cornucopia Don Pepe,cathedral road, chennai
- Copper Chimney
- China Town
Some of the favorite eating joints in Chennai are :
- The Saravanaa Bhavan Chain of Hotels – For excellent vegetarian meals.
- Vasanta Vihar at Rajaji Salai -Vegetarian food and good strong South Indian coffee.
- Bhoopathy café- For Dosas
- Udipi Home Mathsya – Excellent home cooked vegetarian
- Ananda Bhavan at Triplicane High Road-For banana-leaf thalis and excellent dosas.
- Mathura Restaurant at Tarapore Tower Anna Salai- vegetarian fare
- Food Plaza at Anna Salai.-For multi cuisine
- The Gallopin’Gooseberry-American and Italian cuisine and exotic range of juices.
- Palki – North Indian specialities.
- Coconut Lagoon- Forexcellent Goan and Kerala fare.
- Roomallee at Mylapore-Outdoor barbecue with Hyderabadi dishes.
- Kabul located at TTK Road -For Northwestern frontier food like biryanis, tandoori items and kebabs.
- Cascade at Khader Nhawaz Khan Road – Chinese, Malaysian and Thai food.
- The Red E Food Court located at Harrington Road – Vegetarian and non-vegetarian Indian, Chinese, Mexican and Western fare.
- Bay View Point (Taj Fisherman’s cove)-Seafood
- Coconut Lagoon at 1 Cathedral Road for a taste of the coastal cuisines of Kerala, Mangalore & Goa.
- Cedars in Kotturpuram-Lebanese
- Benjarong (Five Colours – Pancharanga)-Thai
- La Madeleine, an exclusive French eatery run by a French chef.
- Cornucopia -For European style food, salads and soups
- Don Pepe, Copper Chimney – Mexican and Spanish food along with some ‘Euro-Mex” combos
- Bay Leaf. It has a combination of Punjabi and Bengali items
- Oriental Pearl serves Thai and Chinese food plus a sprinkling of other Southeast
- Asian dishes from Malaysia, Japan etc. is on the menu.
- Carnival Heights- A multicuisine rooftop restaurant.